midnight motorway noises

22 January 2006

thankyou for listening

The cars outside my window make it sound breezy, constantly. Wind doesn't sound like wind when it's constant but it's the best way to describe the noise without delving too deep into meaningless metaphors. It's a bit like when you hold a conch shell to your ear, only, it doesn't make me think of salty seawater spraying up into my face...

I can hear them go all the way down to Charing Cross because sometimes, one makes a slightly different noise. Maybe he's revving to get home quicker, it's late, it's been a long day. Or maybe she should have gone for that MOT last week afterall, cough, splutter. There's a siren which makes me wonder, it interrupts - brash and intrusive. And then it's gone again.

This is not a blog about motoring. It's about home. It feels like home. When I'm away, I can't sleep because I miss the Midnight Motorway Noises.

1 Comments:

testing comments...

1

2

3

Add a comment