midnight motorway noises

20 February 2006

bird flu, chantelle houghton, danish cartoons, freddie starr ate my hamster.

Blah my dissertation blah is my blah best friend blah blahhhh.

It is a small flicker in a big dark cave. In amongst the rubbish, the run of the mill degree-necessary work, it is a small (relatively small) smile in a room full of could-do-better frowns.

I liked looking at Els Joglars today. They inspire me and they make me look forward to being out of uni, working on the project that we keep promising ourselves, that one indulgant thing that could lead to a thousand indulgant things... That challenge. Els Joglars (and the others) have also become the thing that I keep talking about until people look at me like I've gone wrong. Everybody has one, mine is political theatre (or theatre in general), Barcelona (the best places to juggle at) and Gloria Estefan with or without the Miami Sound Machine.

The dissertation makes me feel like I'm doing a bit of learning before diving in, that any project I would commit to now would be awful because I hadn't done my reading.

Incidentally, if you're wondering about the title of this post, I thought that "my dissertation" would bore people to sleep. So I lulled you all into a false sense of wonder with things that the world seem to find really interesting.

3 Comments:

I like you rnew blog, but feel a little mislead by the post title yes. Will there be potential for actual Chantelle commentary in the future I wonder? no. thought so. I look forward to you talking at me about Els Joglars. Poor Woyzek and Nele.
R
i did leave a acomment before but it disappeared.
i sorted it out, a pixie stole it so i hunted him down and threw rocks at him til he gave it back.

anyone can comment now, if theres anyone there...

Add a comment